[gtu-list] Fwd: [QG] QUeer Judaism--save the date!

gtu-list at lists.gtulink.edu gtu-list at lists.gtulink.edu
Mon Dec 6 23:47:51 PST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zoe <zoewk at berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Subject: [QG] QUeer Judaism--save the date!
To: queergrads at berkeley.edu, Sandra Richmond <sandyjbr at berkeley.edu>,
Geneq at berkeley.edu, billyc at berkeley.edu, cssc at berkeley.edu

QUEER GRADS

Please forward this announcement to save the date for an upcoming conference
on queer judaism at stanford!

Dear friends and colleagues,

I would like to inform you of a conference on Queer Judaism we will be
holding at Stanford University and Sha'ar Zahav on Feb. 26 and 27, 2011.

The conference will examine the publication of various Jewish queer texts
that choose to engage traditional forms of Jewish ritual and literature.

The conference's aim is to acknowledge and examine these texts by engaging
their editors and authors, and by facilitating a conversation about queer
Judaism, its creative engagement with collective Jewish textual forms, and
what happens to both in the process.

You can find all the relevant information on the conference at:
http://www.stanford.edu/dept/jewishstudies/events/queer_symp/index.html

 Since we would like to have a large and engaged audience, we would be
grateful if you could pass the information in any mailinglists you may have,
and inform any colleagues or members of your congregation who you think may
find interest in such an event.

b'shalom,
Dakotta

Dakotta James Kanianthra Alex
Masters in Divinity Candidate
Starr King School for the Ministry
@ The Graduate Theological Union

Graduate Director of International Student Development
International Students Association at Berkeley (ISAB)
isab.berkeley.edu

[phone] 646.807.9739
[blog] http://www.thecorporatechaplain.com
[twitter] https://twitter.com/Tweeology