[gtu-list] Remove me from the GTU list
gtu-list at lists.gtulink.edu
gtu-list at lists.gtulink.edu
Mon Dec 13 21:00:40 PST 2010
--- On Mon, 12/13/10, gtu-list at lists.gtulink.edu <gtu-list at lists.gtulink.edu> wrote:
From: gtu-list at lists.gtulink.edu <gtu-list at lists.gtulink.edu>
Subject: [gtu-list] Fwd: [QG] Now Recruiting HIV/STI Counselors at Magnet
To: "GTU List" <gtu-list at lists.gtulink.edu>, "Starr King Students" <sksmstudents at lists.uua.org>
Date: Monday, December 13, 2010, 3:55 PM
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alstead, Mark <malstead at sfaf.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 2:50 PM
Subject: Now Recruiting HIV/STI Counselors at Magnet
Cc: "Sayles, Corey" <csayles at sfaf.org>
December 13, 2010
Magnet* is seeking qualified applicants to volunteer as (non-licensed) HIV/STI Counselors. Incumbents in this volunteer position perform HIV counseling/testing and sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening for gay and bisexual men. Volunteer counselors/screeners deliver services under supervision of Magnet’s HIV Services and Clinical Services Managers. General functions of volunteers in this position include but are not limited to:
1) Obtaining specimen for gonorrhea and chlamydia screening (i.e., collecting throat, urine, and rectal specimens), collecting blood specimens using Fingerstick collection method;
2) Running rapid HIV tests;
3) Performing pre- and post-test counseling for gay/bisexual men following State and County guidelines and Magnet’s policies;
4) Delivering negative and positive test results; interviewing clients about partner contacts; making referrals for linkage to health care; completing case report forms;
5) Documenting activities in medical records and logs;
6) Additional responsibilities include assisting Concierge staff, general administrative support, filing, maintaining client records, facilities management, and other duties as assigned.
Those selected for this position must become certified (and maintain certification) by the State of California to provide HIV counseling and testing; become certified to collect blood specimens by Fingerstick Method; complete STI education & orientation at Magnet, and complete orientation to Magnet’s procedural process for providing STI/HIV screenings. Tuition for training will be covered by Magnet; however, trainees will not be reimbursed for their time (e.g., for lost wages).
To apply for this volunteer position, please complete a Volunteer Application (attached) and Supplemental Non-Licensed HIV/STI Counselor and Screener Application (attached). Send these items along with a current resume by 5 p.m. 12/24/10 to:
Magnet’s Volunteer Coordinator
4122 18th Street,
San Francisco, CA 94114
Email: csayles at sfaf.org
*Celebrating our seventh year in the Castro, Magnet is a health and community center. A program of the San Francisco AIDS Foundation, our mission is to promote the physical, mental and social well-being of gay men.
To unsubscribe from this list, go to https://firstname.lastname@example.org , enter your email address, and click "Unsubscribe from list".
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----
GTU-list mailing list
GTU-list at lists.gtulink.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the GTU-list