[gtu-list] A Nice Apt in Oakland

Rita Brock ritabrock at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 15 07:41:15 PDT 2011

I am downsizing from a large two-bedroom, one bath apt in the Grand Lake area of
Oakland, and would love to help my young professional neighbors find a
compatible replacement. The neighborhood is great for walking to everything,
with shops, restaurants, supermarkets, and bus lines to BART (19th St. stop is a
half hour walk or short bike ride around Lake Merritt). GTU is a 6-mile bike
ride. Interstate 580 is close by. The Saturday farmer’s market, just 5 blocks
down the hill, is one of the best in the East Bay.

The building is a 4-plex; the apt. has an updated kitchen (dishwasher, disposal,
microwave, newer gas stove, granite, and two big windows), wood and tile floors,
coin laundry is 10 ft from front door. Lots of light with windows in every room.
No shared walls. Extra-large closet wired for use as an office. Huge master
bedroom. The apt. will be available Aug. 26. The $1525 rent includes a big
one-car garage (room for storage), a balcony and huge windows that look out on
the Marin Hills, Lake Merritt, and downtown Oakland, shaded by a huge Redwood
tree. Call Dana Eng at 510- 821-1814 or email me (rita at faithvoices.org) if you
are interested.