[gtu-list] 9/11 - in Santa Clara: James Lawson to keynote MCA 10th anniversary of 9/11

Roy Birchard roybir2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 09:24:50 PDT 2011

From: Samina Faheem <samina_faheem at yahoo.com>
Subject: Rev. Dr. James Lawson, counter part of MLK Jr. will deliver the keynote at our 10th anniversary of 9/11 at MCA

Dear all,

Our Keynote speaker is Rev. Dr. James Lawson.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. labeled Rev. James Lawson as "the leading nonviolence theorist in the world."

According to Time Magazine Rev. Lawson is one of the seven icons of the civil rights movement who has paved the way for Barack Obama's historic Inauguration. Time Magazine article “One Dream Realized” highlights the contributions of the following, John Lewis, Andrew Young, Clarence B. Jones, Aretha Franklin, The Rev. Jesse Jackson, Julian Bond and Rev. James Lawson.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1871648,00.html#ixzz1VmuLeFel