[gtu-list] March full moon circle TOMORROW

Christina Gargiullo tessnightoak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 11:50:19 PST 2012

Hi all,

The full moon ritual (aka esbat) below is run by a new student through the
Open Circle (interfaith Pagan and earth-based spirituality group).  I can't
be there, but you should consider it!  It'll be awesome.

take care,
Christina

***************************************
*March Esbat*
Thursday, March 8th
7:00pm-8:30pm
Gather at the lawn in front of the Mudd Building

"Whenever you have need of anything, once a month, and better it be when
the moon is full, you shall assemble in some secret place and adore the
spirit of Me Who is Queen of all the Wise."

Winter lingers and the nights are cold.  As the moon moves towards the apex
of her cycle, we are called from our warm beds out into the night, to
gather in the darkness and seek the hidden wisdom of the Goddess.  We have
only the company of one another and her bright light to guide us.

It is the mystery and the magick of witchcraft that brings me back to my
priestessing path again after years of service.  As I am getting settled in
this religious community, I am seeing how much I need to actively practice
my own faith.  While there are many opportunities for relating to spirit
here, none of it feels the same as the call that I feel deep in my soul
when I stand in the dark and talk to the Goddess.

I know that this is very short notice.  But I have decided to offer a small
gathering and guided meditation for this month's full moon.  So in two days
we are gathering, first on the lawn in front of the Mudd building and then
(hopefully) in Mudd 100 where we can spread out on the floor and walk
through the meditation.  I would like to make this a monthly esbat
practice.  The worship experience I am offering for Thursday is open to
everyone and isn't going to be formal ritual at all.  What we will have is
some time to connect to one another and the moon's cold wintery majesty and
then a fairly short guided meditation to pull down some of that moon energy
in a grounding ritual to help us clear, balance and center ourselves.
 Everyone is welcome.  Happy Esbat.

--
*Kathryn Koumatos*
Seminary Student, Masters of Arts in Divinity (MDiv)