[gtu-list] reminder: Gene Robinson lecture CANCELLED

Isenberg, Laurie lisenberg at psr.edu
Tue Jul 16 10:02:33 PDT 2013

REMINDER:

We're sorry to announce that tonight's Tuesday Night Talk with Bishop Gene Robinson has been CANCELLED owing to personal family issues. We encourage you to attend the other lectures in Berkeley and San Jose. More information about these talks can be found at http://www.psr.edu/summer-session-2013-events

Coming Soon...

*July 18: Jim Mitulski in San Jose*

The phrase "This Is My Body" is the foundation for the Eucharist, the central act of Christian worship.  A pastor and activist asks, "what does worship and community Christianity look like when the phrase 'These Are Our Bodies' is reverenced with the same fervor?"

*July 23: Miguel De La Torre in Berkeley*

Noted Latino theologian takes a sharp look at the global consequences of a meat-based diet - specifically to the world's bio-diversity, environment, land usage, and water rights.

*July 30: Tafa Muasau in Berkeley *

Seminary president from American Samoa considers historical factors that brought Christianity to the Pacific Islands.

*August 6: Dwight Hopkins in Berkeley *

Looking at African American folk tales, foundational western notions, and traditional Chinese perspectives, this noted University of Chicago theologian will map the fluid components of healthy community and healthy individuality in contemporary and global realities.

*August 8: Karen McClintock in San Jose*
Psychologist and PSR alumna considers, "What if we could learn to replace shame with grace in our inner self-talk and in our interpersonal relationships?"

*August 22: Ann Jefferson in San Jose*
Pastor/Musician Ann Jefferson explores the continuing transformative potential that traditional African-American Spirituals and Gospel music hold to build bridges across racial, class, and religious boundaries and propel us toward the establishment of "Beloved Community."

Want more info?

Visit:

http://www.psr.edu/summer-session-2013-events

Call: 510.849.8268

Email: summer at psr.edu<mailto:summer at psr.edu>

Laurie Isenberg
Director of Community & Continuing Education
Pacific School of Religion
1798 Scenic Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94709
510-849-8227 | lisenberg at psr.edu
www.psr.edu